Dragonfly Aerial CO Policies
Designated Make-up Class:
We regret we are no longer able to promise makeup class placement in other class sections due to our low student teacher ratio, very specific class disciplines and full class schedules. It is simply to difficult to accommodate every student needing a makeup with "space available" as we simply do not have the "space available". If you miss your scheduled class due to illness or an emergency, we will offer Students one "Designated Makeup Class" session per month per class enrolled. Our instructor led "Designated Makeup Class" session is offered the first Saturdays of the month. If that class is full we may offer a second mid-month. Unlike our regular open gym sessions that are intended for self-led personal practice time, our "Designated Makeup Class" session begins with an instructor led warm up and provides an instructor to rotate through and assist multiple students of multiple disciples and varied levels over a one hour period. Students MUST register directly online for this dedicated make-up class as the class size is capped, (Don't worry-it's an a quick and easy form) . Make-ups will be offered on a first come, first serve basis. You will have 2 months to schedule your make-up class and may register for the make-up prior to the missed class! Makeups are only available to enrolled students. STUDENTS MAY NOT ACCRUE MORE THAN 2 MAKEUPS AT ANY GIVEN TIME.
Students must cancel their enrollment by the 15th of the month for tuition draws to be halted and student dis-enrolled for the following month. We simply ask fora minimum of two weeks notice please. Students will not be credited, or reimbursed if they neglect to cancel outside of that policy. We are required to commit to our class hours studio rental time and instructors schedules at that time and due to our low student/teacher ratio, there are times when just two cancellation in a class are enough for us to need to cancel the entire class section. Therefore we need to know our enrollment prior to committing to the studio time, retaining an instructor and for the sake of other students registered.
Due to the diversity of our classes and our current full schedule of classes leaving little availability for added class times, we are not able to provide makeup classes due to weather closures. We may schedule additional weekend open gym time for students to get their training hours in that week but it will be case specific and on availability. An e-mail will be sent if this is an option that week. Out tuition pulls at a flat fee monthly, and does not increase on months where there are 5 weeks of classes in the month, to account for Holidays and unforeseen closures such as weather.
Dragonfly models the same tuition enrollment system as most gymnastics and dance studios. By pulling monthly tuition we are able to provide discounted rates for classes and the ability for students to reserve their placement in a class without having to re-register monthly, (which is great because we run waiting lists on most of our classes). Tuition is pulled the 25th of each month for the upcoming month.
Equipment Maintenance Fee/Registration Fee
Dragonfly students are assessed a yearly Equipment Maintenance Fund Fee of $35. Similar to the yearly registration fee with dance studios and gymnastics facilities, (although we don't feel you should have to pay to "register" !) This yearly "equipment" fee allows us to continue to update, maintain and add new equipment like our Safety Lower-out system, replace fabrics and hardware and introduce new apparatus. Something we can not continue to do solely on our reasonable tuition fees on our low student/teacher ratio.
Required Observer Etiquette:
Spectators are currently allowed in classes. However, Dragonfly is a leader in our position on safety in aerial schools. Recognizing such, we are on the brink of changing this policy. For now we have created some stronger guidelines. Therefore;
Viewers and students MUST enter and exit BETWEEN classes only. For the safety of our flyers, viewers WILL NOT BE permitted to walk through active classes, including warm ups except to exit the studio. Parents please do not allow siblings to run around the studio. If siblings or spectators are being disruptive they will be asked to move to the seating in the lobby area. If viewing, please keep volume level to a minimum and do not interrupt or shout out to you child or the instructor during class. Help us keep the spectator privilege at Dragonfly by reducing distractions and respecting our safety-focused policies.
Spectators are not permitted to video classes. Students may set video up for specific skills and spectators, with permission of the instructor and student, may video those specific skills. However, "letting the camera simply roll" is not permitted, out of respect for others in the class, especially minors, and out of respect for the instructor.
1. Be on time. If students miss the warm up portion of class they will not be permitted to attend the remainder of class.
2. Dress appropriately. No short short shorts (hot pants) or low cut tank tops will be permitted.
3. Cell phone use is not permitted in the studio during class. Please take it outside.
4. Be aware of personal hygiene, clean feet, coverage of underarms when possible,and NO long nails.
5. No jewelry, with the exception of studded earrings, unless cleared by instructor.
6. Hair should be tied back and in a bun if possible.
7. Wash/Sanitize hands when entering class to reduce exposure to contact illnesses.
8. Do not come to class ill, you will be sent home! (Yes, even if you sanitize.) We will gladly issue you a makeup class.
9. Students are not permitted to work beyond the instructor's curriculum. If you saw it on You-tube, please talk to the instructor before attempting to execute it. They may have progressions that may need to be mastered prior to your you-tube goal skill.
10. Students are not permitted to instruct other students (with exception of professional level classes) or work beyond the instructor's perceived point of exhaustion.
11. Stay Positive. A negative or disrespectful attitude will not be tolerated. Our program is rooted in "Growth Mindset" and we ALL practice the "Power of YET"!
12. Students must always have an 8" mat or larger under them at all times unless permitted by an instructor. ie: Straps or Hoop spinning
13. Students are only permitted on the apparatus while under the direct supervision of their instructor.
14. Reckless behavior will result in dismissal from class. This includes doing your "own thing" when the instructor is leading the class in a theme of instruction.
15. No gum.
16. If on the ground, please be patient and do not interrupt the instructor while they work with another student.
17. Tape over cuts or abrasions. This means tape over bandages covering abrasions.
18. Rock or chalk rosin only for youth classes.
19. Students must participate in warm-up and conditioning to proceed to vocabulary and sequencing.
20. Do not enter through the Back "Staff Door" and especially not during a class.
Have fun and root for each other! This is your class and you are here to FLY!
Please e-mail us directly if you have any questions or concerns about policies, enrollments or tuition fees.
Our coaches coach and will not be able to help you with administrative questions in class.