Dragonfly runs on monthly enrollments. When you register for DAC classes you are committing to a monthly draft. Dragonfly models the same tuition enrollment system as most gymnastics and dance studios. By pulling monthly tuition we are able to provide discounted rates for classes and the ability for students to reserve their placement in a class without having to re-register monthly, (which is great because we run waiting lists on most of our classes). Aerial studios that run on drop-ins normally charge upwards of $27 per class. By running monthly enrollments we can reduce the per class fee to $21 a class. So even with our annual $40 equipment fee, you are saving about $300 a year per class. In addition, with student commitment, we are able to progress students further faster with a structured curriculum that does not have to adapt to one-time drop-ins.
Tuition is pulled on either the 5th, 15th, or 25th of each month for the upcoming month, depending on your enrollment date.
Due to our low student teacher ratio, very specific class disciplines and full class schedules, it is simply too difficult to accommodate every student needing a makeup with “space available” in existing classes. If you miss your scheduled class due to illness or an emergency, we are happy to offer you one “Designated Makeup Class” session per month per class enrolled. Our instructor led “Designated Makeup Class” session is a mixed level fabric session offered on a Sunday each month. We rotate one Sunday for adults and the following Sunday for Youth. If that class is full we may add additional sessions. Unlike our regular open gym sessions that are intended for self-led personal practice time, our “Designated Makeup Class” session begins with an instructor led warm up and provides an instructor to rotate through and assist multiple students of multiple disciples and varied levels over a one hour period. Students MUST register directly online for this dedicated make-up class as the class size is capped, (Don’t worry-it’s a quick and easy form under the “ vents” tab in the parent portal) . Make-ups will be offered on a first come, first serve basis. You will have 2 months to schedule your make-up class and may register for the make-up prior to the missed class! Makeups are only available to enrolled students. STUDENTS MAY NOT ACCRUE MORE THAN 2 MAKEUPS AT ANY GIVEN TIME unless approved by the director. Please contact the director for special circumstances such as autoimmune issues or elongated conditions. We always do our best to work with students and get them back into classes and to ensure you are receiving value for your tuition dollars!
Designated makeup class sizes are capped and intentionally small due to the anticipation of mixed level students. If a student registers for a designated makeup and does not attend, they have forfeited that makeup opportunity.
Students must cancel their enrollment 10 days in advance of their tuition draw date for tuition draws to be halted and student dis-enrolled for the following month. We offer the benefit of monthly enrollments but simply ask for a minimum of ten days notice to reasign or alter class schedules if necessary, in result of cancelations.
Students will not be credited, or reimbursed if they neglect to cancel outside of that policy. We commit to our students and instructors a monthly class schedule. Due to our low student/teacher ratio, there are times when just two cancellation in a class are enough for us to need to cancel the entire class section. 10 days allows us to make accommodations if need be and prepare instructors and students for potential schedule changes.
Due to the diversity of our classes and our current full schedule of classes leaving little availability for added class times, we are not able to provide makeup classes due to weather closures unless a class is missed more than once in a month. We may schedule additional weekend open gym time for students to get their training hours in that week but it will be case specific and on availability. An e-mail will be sent if this is an option that week. Out tuition is based on a four week month and draws are at a flat fee and does not increase on months where there are 5 weeks of classes. This is to account for the occasional Holiday and unforeseen closures such as weather.
Dragonfly students are assessed a yearly Equipment Maintenance Fund Fee of $40. Similar to the yearly registration fee with dance studios and gymnastics facilities, (although we don’t feel you should have to pay to “register” !) This yearly “equipment” fee allows us to continue to update, maintain and add new equipment and replace components like our Safety Lower-out system, replace fabrics and hardware and introduce new apparatus. Something we can not continue to do solely on our reasonable tuition fees on our low student/teacher ratio.
Due to the size of our space, spectators are currently not allowed in classes. Dragonfly is a leader in our position on safety in aerial schools. We want our flyers to feel free to move without distraction or space restrictions.
If there is a special occasion and you would like to arrange to observe a class (grandma is in town!) please call the director at 719-749-1459 or contact us here. Observers, (and students) MUST enter and exit BETWEEN classes only. For the safety of our flyers, viewers WILL NOT BE permitted to walk through active classes, including warm ups except to exit the studio. Parents, please do not allow siblings to run around the studio. If siblings or spectators are being disruptive they will be asked to move to the seating in the lobby area. If viewing, please keep volume level to a minimum and do not interrupt or shout out to your child or the instructor during class.
Spectators are not permitted to video classes. Students may set video up for specific skills and spectators, with permission of the instructor and student, may video those specific skills. However, “letting the camera simply roll” is not permitted, out of respect for others in the class, especially minors, and out of respect for the instructor. You may ask the instructor at the beginning of class if you would like them to reserve a moment at the end of class for a photo or two.
- Be on time. If students miss the warm up portion of class they will not be permitted to attend the remainder of class.
- Dress appropriately. No short short shorts (hot pants), low cut tank tops, bare midriff will be permitted in fabric classes.
- Cell phone use is not permitted in the studio during class. Please take it outside.
- Be aware of personal hygiene, clean feet, coverage of underarms when possible,and NO long nails.
- No jewelry, with the exception of studded earrings, unless cleared by instructor.
- Hair should be tied back and in a bun if possible.
- Wash/Sanitize hands when entering class to reduce exposure to contact illnesses.
- Do not come to class ill, you will be sent home! (Yes, even if you sanitize.) We will gladly issue you additional makeup classes.
- Students are not permitted to work beyond the instructor’s curriculum. If you saw it on You-tube, please talk to the instructor before attempting to execute it. They may have progressions that may need to be mastered prior to your you-tube goal skill.
- Students are not permitted to instruct other students (with exception of professional level classes) or work beyond the instructor’s perceived point of exhaustion.
- Students are only permitted on the apparatus while under the direct supervision of their instructor.
- Reckless behavior will result in dismissal from class. This includes doing your “own thing” when the instructor is leading the class in a theme of instruction.
- No gum.
- If on the ground, please be patient and do not interrupt the instructor while they work with another student.
- Tape over cuts or abrasions. This means tape over bandages covering abrasions.
- Rock or chalk rosin only for youth classes.
- Do not enter through the Back “Staff Door”.
Have fun and root for each other! This is your class and you are here to FLY!
Please e-mail us directly if you have any questions or concerns about policies, enrollments, or tuition fees.
Our coaches will not be able to help you with administrative questions in class.